Bruern Holiday Cottages
For Bruern Holiday Cottages website click here
The finest luxury holiday cottages, not just in the Cotswolds but in the whole of the UK as well, Bruern Holiday Cottages were the national winners of the English Tourism Council's Excellence in England Gold and Silver Awards for Self-catering Holiday of the Year 1998 and 2003. Bruern Holiday Cottages offer the comfort and attention to detail of a good hotel; the privacy, independence and space of home; and the civilised ease and style of English country house living.
That's why Bruern Holiday Cottages are the five star luxury benchmark for the most important and prestigious national and official UK inspection organisations.
Bruern is a tiny hamlet in the Evenlode Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the heart of the Cotswolds.
The award winning holiday cottages were converted from the mellow stone Victorian stable yard and outbuildings of Bruern Abbey, a handsome 18th century country house visible over the trees opposite. They are stylish, luxurious and unusually well equipped, more country house than cottage, with open fires and four poster beds as well as state of the art bathrooms, and kitchens.
They sleep 2 - 10.
Each has a private enclosed terrace with hardwood garden furniture, a big white umbrella and barbecue, and many have their own secluded gardens too.
There is a new indoor swimming pool, changing rooms, spa and gym.
At Bruern you will not feel uncomfortably aware of your neighbours.
In the beautifully landscaped gardens and grounds there are tennis, croquet and swimming.
Children have their own special play area.
There are wonderful wildlife walks in the neighbouring Nature Reserve at Foxholes and along the Oxfordshire Way (which runs past the Stable Yard), and fly fishing, golf and riding are available near at hand.
Bruern's central location makes it an excellent base for exploring The Cotswolds -Oxford is half an hour away, Stratford-upon-Avon and the Shakespeare National Theatre under an hour, and Cheltenham (racing and the annual Literary Festival) much the same.
As well as stately homes like Blenheim, some of England's loveliest gardens are nearby - Hidcote, Kiftsgate, Barnsley House, Sezincote, Snowshill, Rousham Park, and Sudeley Castle.
On the way you can indulge yourself, antiquing in Stow-on-the-Wold, bargain hunting in Bicester Village and stopping off for lunch in one of several excellent local pubs and restaurants. Children can explore the Cotswold Wild Life Park, the Model Village at Bourton-on-the-Water, Bourton Model Railway and the Coggs Manor Farm museum.
You may well have read about Bruern already - in the US edition of Conde Nast Traveler, Vogue, The Sunday Times, Country Living Magazine, Good Housekeeping and other magazines and newspapers. But whatever the hype, we think you will still be pleasantly surprised by the reality.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COTTAGES
AINTREE - sleeps 6+cot
Drawing room. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Two twin bedrooms, bathroom.
Garden with terrace and furniture.
CHELTENHAM - sleeps 4+cot
Spiral staircase leading to open plan drawing room, kitchen. Double bedroom. Twin bedroom. Bathroom. Separate WC. Sitting out area with summer house.
EPSOM - sleeps 5+cot
19' square drawing room. Kitchen. Double bedroom, en-suite shower room. Twin bedded room, single room with wash basin, bathroom.
Garden, terrace and furniture.
SANDOWN - sleeps 4+cot
Open plan drawing room/dining room and kitchen. Double bedroom, en-suite bathroom. Twin bedded room and en-suite shower room.
Garden with terrace and furniture. Easy walking access.
GOODWOOD - sleeps 5+cot
Drawing room/dining room. Kitchen, utility room and downstairs WC.
Double bedroom, en-suite shower room. Twin bedded room.
Single room. Bathroom.
Garden, with terrace and furniture.
SARATOGA - sleeps 2+cot
Open-plan drawing room/dining room with kitchen area. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Garden, terrace and furniture.
BOOKERS - sleeps 6+cot
Drawing room, kitchen/dining room, utility room, separate WC. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Two twin bedded rooms. Bathroom, Garden, large terrace and furniture.
NEWMARKET - sleeps 8+cot
Open-plan drawing/dining room, kitchen.
Double bedroom with en-suite shower/WC, suitable wheelchair access.
Double bedroom, en-suite bathroom. Twin room, en-suite shower.
Twin room, en-suite bathroom.
Garden, terrace and furniture.
Easy walking access.
COPE - sleeps 2+cot
ouble bedroom, en-suite bathroom.
Kitchen and huge 28' x 13' drawing room. (can seat up to 30 for meals).
Terraces and garden furniture.
SHIPTON - sleeps 6+cot
Open plan drawing room/dining room with Gustavian wood burning stove and kitchen.
Double bedroom, en-suite bathroom.
Two twin bedrooms, each with en-suite shower room.
Terrace and garden in orchard, garden furniture.
WYCHWOOD - sleeps 4 +cot
Kitchen with dining area, double doors through to drawing room.
Double bedroom with four poster bed and ensuite bathroom.
Twin room with ensuite bathroom.
WEIR HOUSE - sleeps 10 + cot
Set in its own pretty garden.
Large state of the art kitchen, Dining room, Games room, Drawing Room.
Two double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
Three twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
* Electricity and full oil CH (thermostatically controlled) included.
* Open fire (except Shipton) - logs and coal included.
* Parking. Colour TV. Satellite TV. Video and excellent video library.
* Stereo system and CDs. Good books and board games.
* Direct dial telephone with automatic billing.
* Power shower. Microwave oven. Dishwasher.
* Automatic washing machine. Tumbledryer. Fridge freezer.
* Four poster bed.
* Cot, high chair, cot linen, stairgate.
* Linen, towels and cleaning equipment included,
* backboard, choice of duvets or blankets (non allergenic if preferred).
* Welcoming provisions - Champagne, cheese, butter, home-made bread, jam, marmalade and cake, milk, biscuits, tea, coffee, chocolate, sugar, cereals, eggs etc.
* Baby sitting by arrangement.
* Maid service by arrangement.
* Milk and newspaper deliveries.
* Essential provisions can be bought for guests before arrival.
* Frozen meals by Mrs.Astor's chef available to order.
* Onsite Beauticians.
* Fresh flowers and herbs from the cutting garden.
* National Winner English Tourist Board's England for Excellence Award 1998
* Tourist Board's top 5 Star grading.
* Children's paradise - play area with two storey playhouse, climbing frame.
* Croquet, football nets, big indoor play room with toys, paints and dressing up box.
* New indoor pool, changing rooms, gym and spa.
* Hard outdoor tennis court.
* Croquet lawn and Games Room with snooker, table tennis and darts.
* Delicious frozen meals cooked by Mrs.Astor's chef Colin.
* All major credit cards accepted.
* Frances, the charming manageress and Mrs Astor are both on the spot to sort out problems.
* Sorry - we can't take pets.
For Pricing & Availability click here